Deleting your user account will remove devices, services, and data associated with your account. Log history will not be deleted - instead, it will just show a UID (unique identifier) for anything associated with your user account and there will be no way to associate it with your personal information. Account deletion is permanent and irreversible.
Step 1 - If you have a remote.it subscription, change your account to a personal plan.
Step 2 - If another user will still need remote.it access your devices, transfer these devices to that user first.
Step 3 - If you own any devices when you request your account to be deleted, we will confirm that you want these devices deleted. You may also state clearly in your request that you understand that any remaining devices will become inaccessible and you'd like us to delete the account anyway.
Step 4 - To complete account deletion, go to your account page and click on "Delete Account" while logged in to the account you would like to delete or e-mail email@example.com using the email address associated with your remote.it account. We will need to confirm it is really you.
If you’re the owner of an organization, you can instead choose to update the email address on your account OR transfer the devices to another user who can set up their own organization.
If you choose to update the email address on your account, you will need to do the following:
- If using 2FA (two-factor authentication), disable this feature. The new email address user should set this up themselves after the email address is changed
- Update your subscription to a personal plan to stop billing on the current email address. The new email address owner should set up their own subscription
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update the email address.
If you choose to transfer the devices to another user:
- Update your subscription to a personal plan
- Transfer the devices to that user's email
- Any members of your organization will need to be recreated on the recipient's account in order to continue to allow access
- Any individual device shares will need to be recreated on the recipient's account in order to continue to allow access
- Contact email@example.com when you are ready to delete the account