Do you need to create a shareable link to another person who doesn't have a remote.it account? This can be accomplished using the Desktop Application. This can only be accomplished with a proxy connection and not peer to peer. If you would like your other users to make peer to peer connections, they would need to create a remote.it account and you would share the device or the specific service with them.
To make a publicly shareable link do the following:
- Open your Desktop Application and click on Devices in the left navigation
- Click on the device which has the service you would like to share
- Click on the service and you will see the details for the service in the right pane
- Click on the gear to the right of the "Add to network" button. This will bring up your connection configuration panel.
- In the options panel, toggle the "Shareable Link" andand then click "Add to Network" button
The connection panel will update to show you the connection information. Copy the link and share that with your other users.
NOTE: This connection address will only stay alive for 15 minutes after last activity. If you quit your desktop application the connection will be closed for yourself and all other users. You can also stop the connection manually for all users by clicking the "Stop Connection" button.