What does remote.it do?
remote.it enables Connections
- Need to SSH to a mobile device? remote.it makes secure remote connections between two computers simple!
- works with CGNAT solutions including Starlink, where there is no public IP address and port forwarding is not possible
- crossing multiple NATs/firewalls
- using a single TCP or UDP port
- portforwardless: without requiring port forwarding in the router, significantly reducing your network's vulnerability
many protocols and applications are supported
SSH/SCP - network console and file transfer
VNC, RDP, Mac Screen Sharing - remotely access the Graphical User Interface (GUI)
http/https (web servers and applications such as node-red)
SMB (Samba) file sharing (Linux/Mac clients only)
other protocols supported under the "custom TCP" option, e.g. MQTT
remote.it enables Scripting
remote.it runs scripts on your remote Linux devices
- using any interpreted language such as bash, Python, php, etc.
How to use this site
Scan the outline on the left side of this page for common topics, or use the search tool at upper right to find all references to a phrase or keyword. To move to the next or previous page in a section, use the navigation buttons at the bottom of each page.
To search the support pages or submit a ticket, click on the blue oval on the bottom of the page:
Once you login to the remote.it web portal, the support widget is also located at the bottom right of the portal.
If you're a developer looking to integrate remote.it into your product or application, please check out our API documentation guides here:
OEMs wishing to configure mass produced devices that will automatically connect to a remoteit account please take a look at: