This section describes installation, device and service registration and basic usage of remote.it for Axis devices.
This instruction is based on operations with the AXIS P1447-LE IP camera running on firmware 10.9.4 using the remote.it device package for Axis v4.14.1. If you are using a different firmware version or a different device, the actual contents and messages displayed may differ from those described in this instruction.
Helpful remote.it links
Once installation and registration are completed you may quickly expand to monitor an entire fleet of cameras and other remote.it enabled devices.
- Subscription options - Subscriptions and Licensing.
- Share access and account responsibilities with other users - Organizations.
- Configure notifications and review access logs - Logs and Notifications
- Monitor and access devices from mobile devices - iOS and Android
- Build remote.it connectivity into your own platform - APIs
remote.it for Axis supports the following Axis devices that are compatible with ACAP platform.
|Architecture||remote.it for Axis||Remarks|
|v9.70 (minimum)|| mips
|Available (*with limitations)||*Uninstallation does not work due to firmware specifications.|
|v11.0 (minimum)|| armv7hf
|N/A||*To be supported after firmware release.|
* Firmware version 11.0 or higher will be supported after the firmware is released officially.
remote.it for Axis version 4.14.5 has the following known issues.
In firmware 9.x, the uninstall process using the device's Web UI does not work due to an issue that depends on the firmware specification.
We have identified a problem where the result of service registration is not reflected and the service does not go online automatically. You need to reboot the device itself once after service registration. (This will be fixed in a future version.)
- In Apps menu in the Web UI of the Axis device, the state is not properly reflected in the toggle that indicates that remote.it is starting. (This will be fixed in a future version.)
- Updating the device firmware will not keep remote.it installed. Please uninstall remote.it before updating the device firmware and reinstall remote.it. (This will be fixed in a future version.)
Fixed issues in v4.14.5
remote.it for Axis version 4.14.5 has the following fixed issues.
Resolved an issue where the Web UI would take more than 10 minutes to display when the camera did not have an Internet connection.