The new major version 4.x update of the remoteit device package contains the following significant changes compared to earlier versions, e.g. 3.0.2.
- At the end of installation, displays a "Claim code" which you enter into the remote.it Desktop Application to register your Device and subsequently configure Services on it.
- No longer supports command line setup or status.
- Web admin panel is no longer supported.
- find.remote.it LAN discovery tool is no longer supported.
- Scan for network services is not supported.
- Supports auto registration.
- Does not include built-in P2P initiator functionality. P2P initiator functions can be accomplished using scripts found here.
- Does not have a dependency on node.
For information on all options for Device installers, please see: