On the Settings page, you can sign out, quit, send feedback, and more. Click on the "Settings" button in the left panel.
- Set up remote access - lets you add Services on the current device (for example, suppose you want to use Remote Desktop to connect to your Windows PC or connect to your Mac using Screen Sharing over remote.it). This is optional. Once you've configured Remote Access, you'll see your Device Name here instead.
- Device List Sharing - see the detailed description of this feature here.
- Logs - shows connections from your account to any of your Devices as well as online/offline events.
- System Notifications - enable this if you want online/offline events and connections to send a notification to your operating system. This makes these events more noticeable as you don't need to be in the Desktop application to see them.
- Auto-update automatically updates the application in the event a new version is available.
- Open at Login opens the Desktop App when you log in. Note that Hosted Services and active Connections will keep running whether the Desktop App is open or not.
- About shows you the current version of the App. If there is an update available, you will see:
- Disable local network discovery - when local network discovery is enabled, the remoteit service (which runs even when the Desktop application is not open) allows connection to the Web Admin Panel using a web browser. http connections can connect on port 29999 and https connections can connect on port 29998. Disabling local network discovery will disable access to these connections on the LAN, meaning you'll only be able to access the Settings using the Desktop application itself. Most users should leave this disabled.
- Re-install command line tools reinstalls the utilities used by the Desktop App. Support might suggest that you this in the event there is any problem with your connection.
- Uninstall command line tools unregisters any Network Services, then removes all of the locally installed command line software. In general, you should not do this unless requested by remote.it support.
- Show application logs - opens the folders where log and configuration files are kept. This makes it easier to supply information to support if needed.
Account settings and links
In the Narrow Layout, account settings are displayed in the main panel rather than on the left. Just click on the Settings (gear) icon on the bottom bar.
In the Wide Layout, click on the blue icon at the upper left to access this menu:
- Account - takes you to the "Account" page at the remote.it web portal.
- Documentation - takes you to the remote.it Help Center section on the remote.it Desktop Application.
- Feedback - opens your default e-mail client to send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Lock application - Locking the application leaves all active connections and hosted services running and prevent others from signing in. The sign in screen will be displayed.
- Sign out - sign out of the application. Signing out will allow this device to be transferred or another user to sign in. It will stop all connections.
- Quit - closes the Desktop application and leaves all connections and services running.